Fans are reminded to stay cool, wear sun protection and keep hydrated at the tennis. There are water coolers stationed around the precinct where you can refill water bottles as well as many shaded areas to watch the tennis on the outside courts.
First aid is provided by St John’s in the following locations:
- First Aid West (north of Court 11) from Monday 31 December 2018 – Wednesday 30 January 2019
- Rod Laver Arena concourse (near door 14) from Tuesday 8 – Sunday 27 January 2019
- First Aid East (south of Court 20) from Monday 14–Sunday 27 January 2019
- Melbourne Arena concourse (near door 1) from Monday 14–Monday 21 January 2019
- AO Festival Entrance from Monday 14–Sunday 27 January 2019
- AO Ballpark from Saturday 12, Monday 14 –Sunday 27 January 2019
Melbourne Park becomes a dedicated site for the Australian Open and can only be accessed with an accreditation pass or a valid ticket throughout the lockdown & event period, Friday 4 January – Wednesday 30 January 2019.
The safety and security of all patrons attending the Australian Open is paramount for the event and of the highest priority.
Tennis Australia works in close conjunction with law enforcement in the event planning to implement security measures that are in line with the existing National Threat Advisory Level.
The 2019 Australian Open will again see a continued focus on security measures to promote a safe and secure environment for all of our patrons. We encourage and remind all patrons that they play a vital role in the security and safety of the Australian Open. We rely on the vigilance of attendees and encourage all to report anything that ‘doesn’t add up’. If something looks in any way suspicious, or not quite right, please notify security or an event staff member immediately.
In preparation for your visit to the Australian Open, we encourage all guests to:
- Arrive early to avoid delays accessing the site
- Become familiar with the Prohibited items of the event
- Pack lightly if possible and always check AusOpen.com for latest information.
Further information on security can be found by visiting Australian National Security.